Curly Sue

Default Whole Wheat Pasta

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:32:16 -0600, John Gaughan
> wrote:

>I tried whole wheat pasta the other day. My wife and I both think it
>tastes good, but it does not hold sauce well. Most likely this is due to
>the fact that it has less starch, which helps bond sauce to the pasta.
>
>Is this true of all whole wheat pasta? What brands do you guys
>recommend? Any cooking tips, should I cook it differently than normal
>pasta? Normally I boil it until al dente, rinse in hot water, and toss
>in olive oil.

Try different brands. Having said that, I don't have any problem with
home-made whole wheat pasta, so I can't recommend any particular
brand.

You might try a ridged whole wheat pasta shape.

Also, finish the pasta as christina suggests by cooking it for a few
minutes in the sauce.

Just in case you're doing this: remember, a plate of plain pasta
topped with a dollop of sauce makes a pretty picture for advertising,
but that's not the way pasta should really be served. Add the sauce
to the pasta before serving and don't add too much!

Sue(tm)