Posted to rec.food.cooking
Phred

Default Back to fried lemon [Was: Using what you have [Was: Fried Meyer lemon slices]]

In article >, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>In article >,
> (Phred) wrote:

[snip]

>> P.S. AFAIK no one has yet told me whether those friggin' fried lemon
>> slices include the skin or not! Bloody unhelpful lot around here. ;-)

>Sorry, but fried lemon sounds disgusting.
>I've used lemon slices on top of fish and always keep the peel on, but
>they are discarded, not eaten.

Thanks for your response, Om. The original thread implied these fried
lemon slices were the bee's knees or the duck's nuts, or whatever. So
I was curious about this most obvious element of the recipe that
wasn't covered adequately for a neophyte.

>Just try it both ways and see how you like it?

P.S. Thanks too, to Peter H. for replying re possums in Kiwiland.
Can't say I've heard of them being eaten lately here in Oz either, but
I'm sure the Aboriginees used them. (There's a traditional cooking
method for "opossum" given on p.217 of BENNETT, George (1860)
"Gatherings of a Naturalist in Australasia: Being Observations
Principally on the Animal and Vegetable Productions of New South
Wales, New Zealand and Some of the Austral Islands.")

And it seems there's a market for the meat in Asia:
<http://home.vicnet.net.au/~animals/alibvic/exploit.htm>

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID