Posted to rec.food.drink.beer
Steve Jackson

Default Worst Winter Beers (So Far)

"Alexander D. Mitchell IV" > wrote in message

> What I will stand behind is saying that a beer using any sizeable
> quantity of corn sugar or maize is not likely to win over any serious beer
> snobs, whether or not they know the corn is in there or not.

Well, there's the rub. What's a "sizeable" quantity? Five to 10 percent? If
so, then I guess beer snobs won't really be won over by a lot of English
bitters. Twenty, thirty percent? Then I guess my beer snob friends who've
been quite impressed with various pre-prohibition lagers that contain that
much corn had an off day.

Corn is not inherently flawed, as you continue to imply. It's all in how
it's used, and whether or not there's anything else going on with the beer.
As with any ingredient. About the only ingredient that a beer doesn't suffer
from in excess is barley.

-Steve