Posted to rec.food.cooking
MareCat

Default Thanksgiving Menu

"Boron Elgar" > wrote in message

> So...what is on the menu at your house?

As we've done for the past 10 years or so, we're having some dear
friends over on Turkey Day (it's traditional for us to host Thanksgiving
and for them to have us over on Christmas Eve every year--none of us
have any family in this part of the country). Some friends of ours who
live in CA are coming for a visit the following day and staying until
Monday. We'll most likely be eating out for a lot of our meals over the
weekend, so we really don't want a whole lotta Thanksgiving leftovers.

So, we're keeping it simple:

- Shrimp cocktail
- Unknown appetizer (that our friends are bringing)
- Roast turkey
- Gravy
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Cornbread dressing