Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

Default Thanksgiving Menu

Boron wrote:

> Assorted cheeses & spinach dip with toasted pita chips
> Gravlax (it is in the fridge curing now and is this year's surprise)
>
> Turkey (surprise!)
> Challah stuffing
> Chestnut stuffing
>
> Creamed onions
> Mashed rutabagas (with cream & nutmeg)
> Baked sweet potatoes
> Green beans with almonds
>
> Fruit salad
> Cranberry relish
> Cranberry sauce
>
> Lemon meringue pie
> Chocolate pie
>
> So...what is on the menu at your house?

What a nice-sounding menu! I've posted mine a couple times now, but don't
mind doing it again, and it's constantly undergoing revision anyway:

Deviled Eggs
Rumaki
Parmesan crisps

Creamy Chestnut-Arugula Soup

Hot Melon Salad on Field Greens

Roasted Goose Breast with Blackberry Sauce
Yorkshire Pudding [MAYBE with Mushrooms and Dried Cherries]

Green Beans with Butter, Lemon, and Hazelnuts
Butternut Squash Chunks with Sweet Curry
Parsnip-Potato Puree

Spicy Sweet-Potato Pie
Homemade Butter-Pecan Ice Cream
Pandora's Black Pear Tart with Gran Marnier Zabaglione

Bob