Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,sci.agriculture
dh@.

Default Life can have positive value

On 16 Nov 2005 12:22:27 -0800, "Leif Erikson" > wrote:

>dh@. explained to the Goober:

>> I believe most broilers, turkeys, beef and dairy cattle, and cage free
>> hens have decent lives.

>You don't make any effort to ensure that the animals you consume had
>decent lives.

How could we do that?

>> >More tap-dancing. "Them" refers to all livestock, not to specific animals.

>> LOL! Yes it does. When I buy cage free eggs to contribute to life for
>> future cage free laying hens

>You aren't.

I am. You just don't have what little brain it takes to understand the
concept, but I am regardless of the pitiful limits to which your restricted
feeble mind is capable of understanding.

>You are buying the eggs because you want to eat them.

I don't buy cage free eggs because I particularly want to eat cage
free eggs Goo. If I didn't give a shit like you don't, I would buy the
cheaper and what I consider to be better quality regular eggs. It's
ONLY to encourage life for future cage free laying hens, that I pay
the extra price for cage free eggs. You are not capable of understanding,
but that's how it is regardless of your severe mental restrictions.

>> >Once you consume an animal product it's too late for that animal, but by
>> >making the right choices you can have a positive impact on the treatment of
>> >animals in general.

>> Of FUTURE animals.

>IF they exist.

LOL. No shit you fool, no shit.

>There is no moral reason for them to exist.

And so what?