Posted to alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
rick

Default wife swap vegan episode

"Pinnochio Mojo" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> C. James Strutz wrote:
>
>> Your simple mind has forgotten that the problem is not one
>> restricted to
>> veg*ns. In fact, most of the grain and soy produced in this
>> country (USA)
>> directly supports the cattle industry. Yeah, go ahead and
>> remind me that the
>> ultimate solution is to eat grass-fed beef. The fact remains
>> that grain-fed
>> currently dominates the beef market by a large percentage and
>> that's not
>> going to change any time soon. In the end, more animal lives
>> can be saved,
>> including collateral deaths, if people stopped eating meat.
>> Period.

> The "collateral death" argument is severely flawed,

=========================
No twits, it is not. The only "flaw' is that vegans can't debunk
it, no matter how much hand-waving they do.

but routinely
> broken out in true pc fashion by the small minds here on this
> newsgroup. One of the more common examples cites the
> "collateral
> deaths" of mice and other small field animals at the hands of
> giant
> oversized farming equipment, in the harvest of soy beans
> unavoidable in
> any event. In any event the numbers cited are rather exorbitant
> and
> hard to believe, leading one to dismiss them out of hand. But
> the real
> flaw in the "collateral death" argument is the fact that less
> than
> 1/100 of 1% of all soy produced worldwide is meant for human
> consumption, it is grown mostly for livestock.

I suggest you try again, fool. Soy waste is used as feed, after
edible oil products have been removed. A product that YOU
continue to consume, hypocrite.