Doug Freyburger

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

Nancree wrote:

> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

I sometimes buy the good stuff with the oil floating to the top and I
sometimes buy the easy stuff with the oil that stays mixed.

But when I want the *ultra*good stuff, I get nut butter made from tree
nuts: almond, cashew, etc.

And when I want the *super*hyper*ultra*good stuff, I buy some of my
favorite nuts like brazil, walnut, pecan or macademia nuts and I use
a food processor to reduce them to butter. When I can find brazil
nuts in quantity, their butter is astonishingly good. Of course
everyone has their own favorite nuts, so put your favorites in the
list instead of mine.

The really bad stuff - I once tried soynut butter. Nasty. But tastes
vary. I've talked to people who love the stuff. It takes all kinds.
More soynut butter for them.

There is a step beyond *super*hyper*ultra*good. It involves hazel
nuts, cocoa powder, and some other stuff. Nutella. The evil spirit
in the dreams of low carbers ;^) haunting us from our childhood.