Posted to alt.food.wine
Timothy Hartley

Default Henye Tokaji??

> Anyone familiar with the reputation of Ch. Sansonnet in St.-Emilion? I
> can at least use that as some indicator of what to expect here...
>
> Mark Lipton

It was owned for several generations by the Robin family until 1999
when it succumbed to part of the new wave of outsiders buying into the
Jurisdiction and was bought by the Marquis d'Aulan - of
Pieper-Heidsieck. I have not drunk anything made under the new
ownership but I suspect that simply because good Saint Emilion was, at
least until 1999, made here, and should still be being made, it will
probabaly provide little help on this question. Large group drinks
manufacturers will, after all have different people making and al the
other conditiosn will be very different. People will perhaps have to
judge by the wider reputation of the group, not simply this one
chateau which has recently changed hands so recently.

Timothy Hartley