Posted to alt.food.wine
Hunt

Default Argentine wine

In article <CC9ff.527432$tl2.494470@pd7tw3no>, says...

>I have some friends returning from a visit to Argentina and they have agreed
>to bring me back a dozen reasonably priced reds. Not sure what to ask for, I
>know their Malbec is decent but don't know which wineries to pick. Any
>advice greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gra

I'd go for Malbec from the Mendoza region. Not sure of the possible levels of
wine from AR, but if you can get some moderately priced "Reserves" that would
be a good spot to start. I think AR has about the same naming laws as the US,
which equates to "Reserve" as a marketing ploy, but if a winery offers any,
that might be a good starting point. As to producers, I'll defer to the other
subscribers here.

Hunt