Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Charles Perry

Default Ovens for proofing and bread baking?

Dick Adams wrote:

> Did she *punch it down* and or *shape it* so as to separate autolyses
> from fermentations from 1st proofs from 2nd proofs, and so forth, including
> retardations.

Well, she might have said "punch it down", but not to my tender ears.
She would not have used those other words at all. She would have said
something close to: When the dough gets to the top of the bowl we will
push the air out and let it rise again. She knew how to communicate to
her audience.

> She did not know everything!

She knew enough to bake very good bread. And, she knew how to explan
the importance of good Karma in the kitchen and the role of the Bread
Faeries in the process. ( She did not use the word ,Karma, but that is
what I call it.)

I hesitate to tell this joke for fear that you might misunderstand and
take it personal, but
I find it funny and I am reminded of it at this time.

A visitor to the University stopped a teaching assistant and asked "
Could you tell me where the library is at?" The TA replied "Here at the
University, we do not end a sentence with the word, at." "OK" said the
visitor. "Could you tell me where the library is at, Jackass."

Regards,

Charles