Nexis

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
> top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>
> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the

top.
> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the

healthy,
> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store

it in
> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf,

and
> give it a stir each time you use it.
>
> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

There's a place here in San Diego called Nutters, that not only makes the
peanut butter fresh but also makes many flavors. My favorite so far has
peanut butter, with crushed pretzels. Yummy. There's even one with crushed
espresso beans, which was tastier than I had imagined it would be! He has
ones with fruits in them too...it's like a PB&J all in one. Blueberry seems
really popular, but I much prefer the strawberry myself.

kimberly