Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Default Need Thanksgiving Pie recipes

Wayne Boatwright wrote on 17 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> On Thu 17 Nov 2005 10:09:57a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dawn?
>
> > Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> >
> >> There
> >> are going to be 20+ people there for the weekend so I need a couple
> >> more pies to make! Help me out please...

> > Blueberry:
> >
> > top & bottom pie crusts
> > 1 cup sugar
> > 3 Tb flour
> > dash cinnamon
> > dash clove
> > berries (I use 2 bags of frozen)
> > butter
> >
> > Mix dry ingredients with thawed berries, pour into your favorite pie
> > shell, and top with pats of butter. Cover with 2nd crust and bake
> > 450F for 15 minutes then lower temp to 350 for another 30 minutes.

> Dawn, sometime try a mixture of 2 TB flour and 2 TB cornstarch. I
> think it gives a nicer texture. Otherwise, your recipe is almost
> exactly like mine.

I like this one ...it's fast, easy and tasty

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

BlueBerry Tart

desserts, pies

3/4 cup pecan peices
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 lb frozen unsweetened blueberries; wild variety prefered
1 9 inch frozen/fresh pie shell
1 cup sour cream

preheat oven to 400F

Place pecans, sugar, flour in the bowl of a food processor and process till
powdered. Combine in a bowl the powder with the frozen blueberries (mix
well).
Pour into pie Crust.

Place tart on a foil lined cookie sheet (prevents spilly clean ups). Bake
for 50-60 minutes, until the pie crust is lightly browned on top.
Cool for at least 1 hour.

To serve cut into wedges and garnish with sour cream.

Contributor: "The Short-Cut Cook" by Jacque Pepin page 247

The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
The ears keep the hat up.