zxcvbob

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

Stark Raven wrote:

> In article >, Curly Sue
> > wrote:
>

>>I never cared for the natural peanut butters. Maybe they've changed
>>in the many years since I last tried them and I'll give them a try
>>again. However, I don't think my usual supermarket carries any; my
>>alternate might.
>>
>>Sue(tm)
>>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> Kroger's natural peanut butter has a rich, peanut taste, separates with
> non-use, and does not go rancid in cabinet storage. Since it does
> separate it may not be a good "kiddy" peanut butter, but with moderate
> conditioning of the wrist and forearm I don't find re-stirring peanut
> butter to be much of a problem.

When I was a kid, we discovered a Krogers that had a peanut grinder and
they made their own fresh peanut butter from roasted red-skin peanuts. It
was wonderful stuff, with a slightly gritty texture from the peanut skins.
We did not refrigerate it, we just bought it in small batches and stirred
it before we used it.

Bob