Old 17-11-2005, 06:37 PM posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.equipment
Fred Ma

Default Repost: Seeking instruction manual for Admiral "R2424 T" oven

Sorry for the repost, but the original thread was cancelled due to
crossposting. Here is a summary of the thread.

Fred

Newsgroups: ott.general, rec.food.baking, rec.food.equipment
Subject: How to get instruction manual for Canadian Admiral "R2424 T" oven
Fred wrote:
Canadian Admiral Corporation doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Viviane wrote:
Have you done a google? It's amazing what's lurking around the internet.
You might even find if someone has taken them over and kept details.

Frederic Ouellet (Cynthia) wrote:
ebay. That's how I got my car manual!

Fred wrote:
Yes, and a Canada411 lookup. It seems that Whirlpool acquired certain
assets of Admiral (paraphrasing here), that Admiral was involved in
some litigation-type stuff, and that they also dealt in radioactive
materials. Though I will contact whirlpool, I'm not expecting a whole
lot from that because a google search doesn't turn up anything on the
model R2424 T. I get the feeling it's quite old. However, I'm there
must be many such ovens floating around. Just trying to figure out
how to use mine. (It may be that the "flight panel" controls are
quite common to ovens in general.)

Jim wrote:
Found this on a site that sells Admiral Appliances. You can try and see if
they may be of any assistance.

Want to speak to a person regarding Admiral Appliances ?
Then call the Admiral Sales Line on 0870 011 6246
(Monday-Friday 9.30am till 5.30pm)

Thanks Jim. I'll try them if Whirlpool doesn't work out. If anyone in the
Ottawa (Canada) region has one and doesn't mind me copying it, let me know.