Posted to alt.food.wine
Mark Lipton

Default Moillard, Fox, Caymus, Pedroncelli, Grinon.....

Bill S. wrote:

> 1991 Caymus Napa Cabernet - big fruit friven nose, riper than the
> Washington state cab, and also sweeter on palate, but with lower
> acidity. Interesting comparison.. This is now at peak and should be
> drunk in the next few years.

Interesting notes, Bill. This wine was one of the last of the old style
Caymus regular bottling, back in the time when they didn't give them the
overoaking that the SS received (not that the SS couldn't handle it,
though). I doubt that many of the regular Cabs produced there after '94
have much of a chance of lasting 14 years as well as this one has *sigh*
OTOH, I'll never know because I stopped buying Caymus Cabs in the
mid-'90s.

Mark Lipton