Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Nobody

Default Splatter protection (crossposted)

I have a "device" that is basically a fine screen enclosed in an aluminum
hoop, about 12 inches across. It works great to stop splattering; my only
complaint is that it has a plastic handle which melts if it gets near the
heat source.

Along the same lines, you could get some fine aluminum or stainless-stell
screen, and just lay it over the pan.