Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick

Default Walmart Vacuum Sealer Bags - "GlarZipLocVac'd.JPG" 57.8 KBytes

On 10-Nov-2005, "Stan (the Man)" > wrote:

> Brick wrote:

> > <snip>

> > While common Ziplock bags can be evacuated and sealed with a
> > snorkel machine they are highly unreliable for maintaining a vacuum
> > over time. The multilayer Tilia bags/rolls are clearly superior in that
> > regard, but not enough to justify the cost IMO.

> But, I assume there are bags that are more commonly used with the Sinbo,
> yes? Do they hold their seal acceptably? Reason I ask is that my Tilia
> is starting to go belly up and I'm ready to purchase a new machine. I
> owe no loyalty to Tilia.
>
> --
> Stan

The answer to your question is a simple yes Stan, with emphasis on "acceptably".
Plus most vacuum failures can simply be resealed to achieve acceptable performance.
Check out http://www.sorbentsystems.com/ for the variety of equipment and supplies
that they offer. They offer a full range of commercial equipment and supplies as well
as their home user products.

I buy only single layer 3 mil bags, although they offer a wide variety of thicker poly
bags as well as foil products. As soon as you get beyond the 3 mil materials, you
approach Tilia prices for bag material.
--
The Brick said that (Don't bother to agree with me, I have already changed my mind.)