Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri

Default How is working for Google different from working for Safeway?

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 20:17:38 -0800, sf >
connected the dots and wrote:

~
~This just occurred to me. Many years ago, my local "small store"
~Safeway had a terrific meat department manager. He had his finger on
~the pulse of his customers and provided them with what they wanted
and
~sales soared. As a reward, Safeway changed the criteria they had
~given him to earn his *yearly* bonus (a measly amount for the
~work).... and they transfered him out of the store, just to make sure
~he didn't rise to the new level.
~

Stores like Safeway see that as the challenge: take a good employee
and move them to a place where there is more to challenge them.

If he doesn't have the skills for a company like google where there is
plenty of competition for each job, he needs to look for an employer
with a better attitude for rewarding emloyees.

maxine in ri, trying to chat and usenet at the same time