Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Default Fried Meyer lemon slices

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 07:14:55 -0800, Marcella Peek wrote:

> In article > ,
> Peter Huebner > wrote:
>

> > The trouble with Meyers, if you grow your own is, the all ripen at once
> > on the tree, and after they're gone - that's it. When they're ripe the
> > ground under the tree is covered in rotting fruit because you can't use
> > them all, the rest of the year you're s.o.o.l.

> Interesting. Here in the SF bay area they are practically on the tree
> year round. Meyers bloom twice a year so there is a pretty steady crop.
> Must change with location.
>
> Or maybe they just knew you didn't like them :-)
>
> marcella

<Nod> They seem to be a year round crop here. I prefer meyers
because they are thin skinned and produce a lot more juice w/o
microwaving, smushing or otherwise beating them the way you have to
with the regular persain type. Just as I can't tell the faint
differences between rices, lemons are another one. Meyer isn't as
sour and that's about as far as I go. A faint taste of tangerine
isn't even on my radar screen. Come to think of it: I'd make a
terrible sommelier.