Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM

Default Fried Meyer lemon slices

On 9 Nov 2005 14:59:52 -0800, "jillie" > wrote:

>I just returned from a lovely luncheon at La Provence Restaurant, here
>in Roseville.
>
>I had calamari, which was excellent, but the thing that was beyond
>wonderful were the fried Meyer lemon slices that were served as a
>garnish.
>
>The slices were paper thin and dropped in the same batter as the
>calamari and then fried. They were "almost" crisp and tasted so good.
>There were about six slices on the plate and I ate every one of them
>
>I'm going to try this at home and the next time I go there am going to
>order a whole plate of these delightful morsels.
>
>jillie
>Rosevill, CA

I've never been to La Provence, Jillie, but I think I'll have to take
a meander over there just for these gems. I have a Meyer lemon tree
just bursting at the seams with lemons right now -- in fact, I had my
first Delilah last night (2 parts Meyer lemon juice, 1 part Bombay
Sapphire Gin, 1 part Cointrea, shaken lustily over ice and served in a
martini cocktail glass). Is La Provence a lunch place only or do they
serve dinner?

TammyM in Sacramento