Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Huebner

Default Fried Meyer lemon slices

In article >,
says...

http://tinyurl.com/8vb6h

An interesting article, even if they got the German for lemon wrong
(they got it confused with the word for limes)

Anyhow, I for one can't stand Meyer lemons. If I want mandarins, I'll
eat mandarins. If I want lemons, I want sour, zesty, tangy lemons and
not those wishy washy Meyers. They are like eating wilted lettuce i.m.o.

I've got 3 trees, a real Lisbon with sharp 2" thorns all over - covered
in lemons all year round. A Yen Ben which is a thin skinned Japanese
variety similar in flavour and a Villa Franca - an 'improved' Lisbon in
that it has no thorns and thinner skin on the fruit.

The trouble with Meyers, if you grow your own is, the all ripen at once
on the tree, and after they're gone - that's it. When they're ripe the
ground under the tree is covered in rotting fruit because you can't use
them all, the rest of the year you're s.o.o.l.

These other three varieties bear all year round, often have flowers and
three generations of fruit on the tree all at once ...
... the original Lisbon's have a bit too much skin and pith for
cooking, but the other two are fabulously tangy, unlike the Meyers.

ymmv, obviously -P.