Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Aloke Prasad

Default Cheap Darjeelings

"DPM" > wrote in message news:cVKcf.31498$ip6.16693@trnddc07...

> "Lewis Perin" > wrote in message
> news
>> "DPM" > writes:
>>
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > I suggest you try to find second flush tea from estates like
>> > Makaibari , Margaret's Hope, Jungpana, Arya and Puttabong.
>> > Makaibari , in particular produces wonderful tea -

>> Sorry to make this quest a bit more arduous, but it really is possible
>> to get insipid tea under the Makaibari label. >> /Lew

> Lew,
>
> Well, you're right: I've never bought Makaibari tea from any but (as far
> as
> I can tell) reputable online vendors like Upton.
> Dean

FWIW, here is a totally unsolicited plug (I have no commercial interest in
this) for silvertips online store, that specializes in Makaibari (the owner
of the store claims to be related to the owner of the estate !). I have had
good experience with them and the price is also good.

http://www.silvertipstea.com/Merchan..._ Code=BT_DAR

--
Aloke
----