Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

Default Venison

"~patches~" > wrote in message
> DH called around dinner time last night. The guys got their first deer.
> DH did a fair amount of shooting himself - camera only! I can't wait to
> see the pics and experiment cooking venison. Here's a list of what I would
> like to make - bbq venison steaks, hunter's pie, hunter's stew, venison
> sausage, venison jerky, venison chili, and venison meatloaf. It's time to
> search for a few recipes, not so much for the actual recipe but for what
> herbs and spices go well with venison as well as methods.

I once had sauerbraten made with venison. Very tasty. But, I have to rain on
your parade, MAYBE. Where do you live? Just read an article indicating that
some deer may be contracting mad cow disease by eating vegetation that's
been urinated on by previously infected animals. I'll find the article,
which indicates the region....