Posted to rec.food.equipment
Pete C.

Default "Slumped" aluminum saute pan

"Jerry W." wrote:

> We have a small, thick aluminum saute pan that we've had for decades.
> It's very useful -- food doesn't burn.
>
> Unfortunately, over the years, it's become a tad rounded on the bottom,
> so it's tricky to balance it on a (gas) burner (the handle is also
> metal, so a bit heavy). I infer that maybe it got real hot one day and
> gravity caused it to sag a little. Whatever. I just hate to throw it
> away. Does anyone know a way it could be restored to its former
> flat-bottomedness?
>
> cheers,
> jerry

It could certainly be repaired with a hydraulic press and some suitable
press plates (I regularly straighten the skid plates on my truck that
way). Unfortunately if you don't have a hydraulic press or have a friend
with one it's probably not worth the cost or effort to find a shop with
a press to straighten it.

Pete C.