Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Default Need San Francisco restaurant recommendation

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 16:14:34 -0500, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> I suppose we could eat somewhere in the Union Square area, but I figured
> a restaurant near SFO might be a better idea so that we can allow the
> rush hour traffic to thin out before we venture into the city.

Treat your friend very nicely, because Petaluma is NOT close to SF!
It would be less trouble for your friend to meet you in the City and
for you take a cab there from the airport. Your friend has to drive
down to the Golden Gate Bridge, cross it, drive all the way through
the City and down the peninnsula to get to SFO.... that's a good hour,
maybe more.

If you're still set on doing this,
Max's Opera Cafe comes to mind.
1250 Bayshore , Burlingame
It's close to the airport and right off 101.

If you decide to go into SF, try

Tommy's Joynt
1101 Geary Blvd, San Francisco

Tadich Grill