Posted to alt.food.sushi
guren

Default Sushi in Tokyo

beeldbouwer:
> I'll be visitng Tokyo soon. If you're on a budget, where can you get
> the best sushi?

My favorite reasonably priced sushi restaurant in Tokyo is Midori
Sushi. They have branches in Ginza, Shibuya, Futako Tamagawa,
and Umegaoka (main).

http://homepage2.nifty.com/sushi_no_midori/

Their fish is always impeccably fresh and the size of the neta is
huge compared to most other places. Not only is their sushi
great, but they also offer excellent side dishes, like their kaisen
(seafood) salad and their maguro no binta yaki (tuna sauteed w/
garlic and soy sauce). My average bill there, including a bottle of
beer, is usually about 4,000 yen.

They do not take reservations, though, so expect to line up
outside the restaurant for up to 30 minutes during peak hours.
Also, if you enjoy sake with your sushi, Midori Sushi is a bit
lacking in high-end nihonshuu.

If you need directions to any of the branches except Ginza
(haven't been yet), send me an email. I can also help you with
recommendations for other restaurants, depending on the
area and cuisine.

glenn

photon_lab (atmark) hotmail (dot) com