Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

Default Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:19:01 -0000, Arnold wrote:
>
> > Anyone managed to give up cigarettes and alcohol and never looked back?
> >
> > If so, I would be interested to know the techniques you used, coz I am
> > struggling with 'will power'!
> >

> I think giving up cigarettes will be harder than giving up alcohol.
> Nicotine is an extremely addictive substance!

Nope, for me it's alcohol. I gave up a nicotine and actually <gasp!>
cocaine habit with no problems, no looking back. Alcohol I need for daily
survival. I discovered back in high school as the major smart geek, that if
I drank, I acquired a sense of humor which, thusly, accrued friends. I
don't leave home without it.

kili <-----functional alcoholic and not ashamed of it