Old 06-11-2005, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

Default Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction

"sf" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:19:01 -0000, Arnold wrote:

Anyone managed to give up cigarettes and alcohol and never looked back?

If so, I would be interested to know the techniques you used, coz I am
struggling with 'will power'!

I think giving up cigarettes will be harder than giving up alcohol.
Nicotine is an extremely addictive substance!

Nope, for me it's alcohol. I gave up a nicotine and actually gasp!
cocaine habit with no problems, no looking back. Alcohol I need for daily
survival. I discovered back in high school as the major smart geek, that if
I drank, I acquired a sense of humor which, thusly, accrued friends. I
don't leave home without it.

kili -----functional alcoholic and not ashamed of it