Posted to alt.food.asian
Darawen Littlestich

Default vietnamese brown sauce

hello!
I have tried googling BUT, I don't even know the name of this sauce. It's a
thick, sweetish, brown sauce, usually topped with chopped peanuts and served
with vietnamese spring rolls. I asked the waiter "what is the name of this
sauce?" and he replied, "we usually just call it brown sauce." It's
definitely not just hoisin sauce but something less spicey and more
caramelly....does anyone have a name for this sauce and a recipe--or how to
find it on a google search? I've tried looking it up under "vietnamese
food" but am having no luck.
Thanks for all future help!