Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Default Big, fat chewy chocolate chip cookies?

Nexis wrote on 04 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> "Karen MacInerney" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I've been experimenting w/choc. chip cookies for years (even picked up
> > a cookbook dedicated to them and have tried at least 10 recipes), and I
> > still haven't figured out how to bake those big, thick chewy ones
> > without resorting to vegetable shortening. (And even those weren't
> > that good.) I tried refrigerating the dough and using bigger globs,
> > but the insides remained doughy.
> >
> > Anyone have any cookie secrets they'd be willing to share?
> >
> > Would a particular type of cookie pan help, maybe? (Grasping at straws
> > here...)
> >
> > Karen MacInerney
> > Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur and culinary mystery author

Damsel Posted a recipe for Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies a while
ago...they are quite nice and possibly what you are looking for... very
soft and chewy...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies 1

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 cups brown sugar
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
8 ounces sour cream
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 cups flour
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 cup nuts -- (optional)

1. Combine ingredients in order given.

2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet.

3. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.

Note: The bad news is, these don't keep well. The good news is, they won't
have to!

Contributor: Jackie Fast

Converted by MC_Buster.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 10626 Calories; 474g Fat (39.0%
calories from fat); 148g Protein; 1516g Carbohydrate; 56g Dietary Fiber;
949mg Cholesterol; 5235mg Sodium. Exchanges: 39 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 89 1/2 Fat; 59 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.