Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen MacInerney

Default Big, fat chewy chocolate chip cookies?

I've been experimenting w/choc. chip cookies for years (even picked up
a cookbook dedicated to them and have tried at least 10 recipes), and I
still haven't figured out how to bake those big, thick chewy ones
without resorting to vegetable shortening. (And even those weren't
that good.) I tried refrigerating the dough and using bigger globs,
but the insides remained doughy.

Anyone have any cookie secrets they'd be willing to share?

Would a particular type of cookie pan help, maybe? (Grasping at straws
here...)

Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur and culinary mystery author