Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Default Thanksgiving Dinner (& Royal Jewels)

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
>
> > "Joseph Littleshoes" > wrote in message
> > > Don't laugh! i have spent 1/2 an hour looking for glasses i was
> > > already
> > > wearing.

> > LOL errr *cough* I have been known to do that on occasion too)
> >
> > At least with a lorgnette there would be the tortoise shell &
> > > diamond studded ivory handle to look for ( i would not settle for
> > > anything less than a Faberge lorgnette) . I can barely find two

> > lens
> > > sometimes, gawd forbid i should have to look for only one. And why

> > > cant
> > > the remote have an 'find' button on it like the telephone does? I

> > > swear
> > > sometimes i think me cats deliberately hide me remote.

> > I believe you can buy some gadget which you attach to the object.
> > When
> > you clap your hands it whistles at you)
> >
> > > At least one of them seems to think sleeping on it is fun. I

> scour
> > me
> > > room to find the remote, carefully, not disturbing 'serious' only

> > > find her on top of it

> > I take it she knows just how to wind you up
> >
> > > p.s. and have you seen that "Tiara" that the Queen supposedly

> > "loaned"
> > > H.R.H "Camilla" The Duchess of Cornwall! OY. IMO it is almost
> > > comical. And its not like the Queen could not have 'loaned' her a

> > > nice
> > > one. After all she gave one of her best to Princess Di, as a

> > wedding
> > > presant.

> > OOhhhhhhhhhh nooooooo. That is a very special tiara. Diana was

> never
> >
> > allowed to wear it and it was last worn by the Queen Mother.

> Nah! I have seen pics of her wearing it, most often she wore a Spencer
>
> Family Tiara, as at her wedding and on most other occasions.
>
> But the Queen gave her one of the Queens grandmothers, Queen Mary's,
> acquisitions, that she, Lady Di, wore occasionaly, along with a
> 'Riviera' (necklace, bracelets, broach and ear rings) for a wedding
> present. I think, iirc it was bought cheaply by Queen Mary from the
> Russian government back in the 1920's when they were 'deaquisitioning'
> great deal of Czarist Royal 'treasures' though i could be wrong.
>
> It was not the Cambridge Tiara that came from Queen Mary's family (the
>
> "Teck's") but i would have to look it up to be precise.
> ---
> JL

And even worse, i actually have a book i could probly look it up in

Its not the 'spiky' & rectilinear, diamond and ruby one The Queen Mother
often wore, which is almost as ridiculous as the one the present
"Duchess of Cornwall" is wearing but close.

It is rather the 'spiky' pearl and diamond one. Not the circles hung
with the Cambridge emeralds but rather the 'spiky' one hung with the
teardrop pearls between the diamond paved or 'studded' spikes'.
---
JL