pearl

Default USDA vets question agency's mad cow lab

"Jon Leipzig" > wrote in message ...

> "pearl" > wrote in message

<..>
> If yer so interested in MC, I'm surprised you haven't heard of the
> (possible) link to the use of organphospates on cows to control the warble
> fly.

<ahem>
http://tinyurl.com/2mozq
http://tinyurl.com/3yjod

'Organophosphates severely interfere with normal nervous system
function, impeding the breakdown and recycling of acetylcholine,
one of the main carriers of excitatory nerve impulses; its uncontrolled
accumulation at the site of nerve synapses can force the nervous
systems of both insects and humans into a virtually uncontrollable
state of overdrive. ..'
http://www.organicconsumers.org/corp...nwar120902.cfm

OP poisoning symptoms- tension, anxiety, headaches, slurred speech,
tremor, convulsions, paralysis, and even death. If death occurs, it is
caused by asphyxia resulting from respiratory failure.

> IIRC, it either depletes or inhibits the utilization of copper, allowing for
> an excess of manganese to enter the brain. Supposedly manganese is the
> culprit in creating "rogue" prions.

I hear you.

'... Cambridge scientist David R. Brown is hot on the trail.
His recent research has shown that the prion proteins linked
to BSE can bond destructively with manganese found in
animal feeds or mineral licks. His latest, as yet unpublished
work has found a tenfold increase in the metal manganese in
brains of CJD victims.

All this is fully consistent with the Purdey hypothesis. These
manganese-tipped prions could be the principal cause of the
neurological degeneration seen in BSE. But manganese is
only the bullet -- organophosphate insecticide is the high-velocity
gun. It fires manganese into the brain by depleting copper which
the manganese then replaces. Purdey says the manganese-tipped
prions set off lethal chain reactions that neurologically burn
through the animal. ..

A number of researchers have found that organophosphate (OP)
in systemic warble fly insecticide can deform the prion molecule,
rendering it ineffective at buffering free radical effects in the body.
Worse still, the prion is then partial to bond with manganese and
become a 'rogue' prion. A chain reaction whereby rogue prions
turn others to rogues also, can explain the bovine spongiform
disease mechanism.

Brown showed how prion protein bonds benignly with copper,
but lethally with manganese. Even natural variations in relative
environmental availability of manganese versus copper can trigger
prion degradation.

Chickens notoriously excrete most of the supplements fed to them
-- including manganese. And their manganese-rich excreta have
been blended into cattle feed in the UK.
Purdey has built evidence from around the world that explains
and predicts the incidence in humans and animals: a cluster of
CJD in Slovakia, Eastern Europe -- around a manganese plant;
Rocky Mountain deer with Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD),
who were found to be eating pine needles rich in manganese;
the futile slaughter of sheep in Cyprus -- only for BSE to
reemerge within years.
....'
Organophosphates Implicated In Mad Cow Disease
http://www.cqs.com/opmadcow.htm

> (this is in ref to the MC outbreak in the UK, a dozen yrs ago(?) )

Yes.

> Probably adding fuel to the fire, was the manganese enriched milk
> replacement formula as a growth enhancer.

And given in mineral supplements, and in the chicken excrement in feed (!).

> While they use these OP's in the US, in the UK they used skin-penetrating
> form, gel, I think.
> Also it was in a more concentrated dose than the US version.

Didn't Purdey think that 'Phosmet', in particular, was implicated?

> Trivia: the only other country to have a major outbreak at about the same
> time was Switzerland......coincidentally, the only country to use the same
> type/strength of OP's as in the UK.

Right.

> The British organic farmer/amateur scientist working on this OP theory had
> his house set afire twice (supposedly), also his lawyer & vet were killed in
> auto "accidents". His vet discovered he could dramatically relieve the
> symptoms of MC in 30 minutes by administering the antidotes to nerve gas.
> (these OP's are derivatives of mustard gas)

But the damage is done!

>Bet you'll never see a demo of this on TV in the US.

Nor Ireland. :

> Natch, this begs the Q of mad deer/elk/moose. IIRC, some of these "mad"
> areas are known to have copper deficient soil.

Manganese rich perhaps. However that couldn't just suddenly come about.

'..The most troubling explanation for CWD's appearance came from
neither state agency but from veteran agricultural and environmental
writer Mike Irwin, freelancing in Madison's Capital Times. Irwin's
groundbreaking reporting linked CWD to a group of landowners in
western Dane County who, in 1990, began a concentrated effort at
deer management in order to raise "super" bucks. The landowners,
who controlled 12 abutting square-mile sections in the northwestern
part of the town of Vermont, agreed to give young bucks six years to
grow so they'd develop the imposing antlers and muscular bodies that
would get them into the record books. Then they began long-term
feeding of nutritional supplements to wild deer. Their effort succeeded:
Between 1990 and 2000, Dane County recorded the third-highest
number of trophy bucks in North America.

Up until August 1997, when the FDA, reacting to Britain's mad cow
epidemic, banned all ruminant-to-ruminant feeding (sheep, cattle, goats,
elk, deer, antelope and buffalo) in the United States, Midwestern rendering
plants routinely processed Wisconsin deer carcasses into meat and bone
meal that went into feed mill products fed back to ruminants, including deer.
(Cows, sheep and deer can still legally be processed into bone and blood
meal feed for pigs, pets and chickens; then they can be rendered and fed
back to cows, deer and other ruminants.)

The feeding practice may have amplified the disease in the same way feeding
spread TSEs among the Fore people, Britain's cows and the Wisconsin mink,
something further suggested by the fact that 11 of the first 18 cases of CWD
found in Wisconsin came from the "super buck" area. The connection is especially
vexing because "that kind of feeding has been going on all over the state," says
author Stauber, "more evidence that CWD is spread all over Wisconsin." The
DNR did ban feeding of deer statewide once CWD was discovered, but by then,
much of the damage had been done. ..............'
http://www.milwaukeemagazine.com/122002/cwd.html

> (Just recalling tidbits from memory, till I amass a new arsenal of refs or
> gain access to my HD )

Okay.

The thing is, as Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies _are_
transmissible, doesn't that prove that there is some kind of infectious
agent involved, (even though other factors such as organophosphate
poisoning and excess manganese could certainly be contributory)?

> Then I wondered about the "mad humans" in New Guinea. I think kuru is
> similar to CJD. Don't know if there's a manganese connection or not,
> but I discovered the Japanese, back in the 40's, were injecting the natives
> with contaminated sheep brains as part of their bio-warfare program. Some of
> these tribes were practicing cannibalism long before this kuru surfaced in
> about 1950 (?).

Here's a recent piece about that;

Mad Cow Disease/Kuru/CJD
In The Fore Tribe
1-2-4

Before and during World War II, at the infamous Camp 731 in
Manchuria, the Japanese military contaminated prisoners of war
with certain disease agents.

They also established a research camp in New Guinea in 1942.
There they experimented upon the Fore Indian tribe and inoculated
them with a minced-up version of the brains of diseased sheep
containing the visna virus which causes "mad cow disease" or
Creutzfeldt÷Jakob disease.

About five or six years later, after the Japanese had been driven
out, the poor people of the Fore tribe developed what they called
kuru, which was their word for "wasting", and they began to shake,
lose their appetites and die. The autopsies revealed that their brains
had literally turned to mush. They had contracted "mad cow disease"
from the Japanese experiments.

When World War II ended, Dr Ishii Shiro÷the medical doctor
who was commissioned as a General in the Japanese Army so he
could take command of Japans biological warfare development,
testing and deployment÷was captured. He was given the choice
of a job with the United States Army or execution as a war criminal.
Not surprisingly, Dr Ishii Shiro chose to work with the US military
to demonstrate how the Japanese had created mad cow disease
in the Fore Indian tribe.

In 1957, when the disease was beginning to blossom in full among
the Fore people, Dr Carleton
<http://mail.yahoo.com/config/login?/gajdusek.html> Gajdusek of
the US National Institutes of Health headed to New Guinea to
determine how the minced-up brains of the visna-infected sheep
affected them. He spent a couple of years there, studying the Fore
people, and wrote an extensive report. He won the Nobel Prize
for "discovering" kuru disease in the Fore tribe.

http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html>http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html

> trivia: Some of these male-dominated tribes were sexist pigs. They fed the
> human brains to women and/or kids, knowing some would go mad.

That's crazy.