Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Default Thanksgiving Dinner (& Tantric sexuality)

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes > looking for trouble wrote in
>
> :
>
> > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> >
> >> "Ophelia" > looking for trouble wrote in
> >> news > >>

> >> more

> >> that
> >> formal

> over

> is

> legendary
> >> 'Grand Dame".

> >> They also had fabulous wigs.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> > Did you know that the "Tiara" the Queen of England wears on the

> postage
> > stamps and the money was originally made for George IV, her great -
> > great - great uncle George IV, iirc?
> >
> > Most "Tiaras" perch on the top of the head or are in someway an

> accent
> > or accouterment to a Ladies head, being generally representative of

> > 'courtesy title' not the Ladies by right but rather as a courtesy of

> her
> > husband. The Tiara the Queen wears on the postage stamps and money

> was
> > originally made to go over the court wigs the Georgians,

> specifically
> > George IV wore. And wraps around, fits over, the presant Queens

> entire
> > head.
> >
> > The Austrians used to love to adorn their warriors in jewels, i have

> > several pictures of Austrian Archdukes wearing more jewelry than

> their
> > wives.
> > ---
> > Joseph Litleshoes

> Fascinating information. Quite frankly with todays fad for piercing
> body
> parts, I know men that adorn themselves with much more jewelry than
> women.
> The jewels are not as fancy as you describe but it still does the
> trick...
> so to speak.
>
> Michael

I think it was Madam Ophelia who first mentioned it in this thread, the
'Peacock" effect? human men or males tend to be the more 'colorful' of
the species. And up till recently the more elaborate in their dress.

I mean really, other than a few rich Queers who make a living from it,
who looks at women's clothing? certainly not men.

I occasionally watch just enough of the new 'reality' t.v. show about
new & aspiring high fashion models to quickly turn it off, quickly, with
haste and abruptly as i find it embarrassing that females would go to
such lengths to be made to look so, IMO, ridiculous.

That one 'spokes model' that seems to be the host of the show looks like
she just escaped from a star trek movie, IMO. Just plain weird.

But i am no judge of female beauty, as you all may have guessed by now.
At least in the "Tantric" sense. Primaly, and instinctually, "i get no
kick from champagne....mere alcohol does not thrill me at all...."
---
JL