Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

Default Stuffed Baked Potatoes

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:23:57 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>Reminds me that for a time, maybe 15 years ago or so? that
>stuffed potato restaurants were popular. I never went to one, but
>I understand you'd buy a baked potato and stuff it with whatever
>from a salad bar type thing. Not a bad meal, I think.

My husband used to live a few blocks from a little stuffed potato
stand in Metairie, LA. The potatoes were _huge_. I have never seen
such a big potato before or since. They had all kinds of toppings --
barbeque, chili, taco meat, shrimp. It was fun.

Max and Whit's supper last night was baked potato roughly mashed up
with butter, a dash of salt, and the guts from some leftover kale
quiche. So, anything tastes good mashed up with potato!

Tara