Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

Default Stuffed Baked Potatoes

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
> (snip)
> > I cook the potatoes in the microwave. Cook up some "trees" (broccoli)
> > while they are cooking. Add butter and white pepper to the innards.
> > While mashing, add milk until you like the texture. We usually salt at
> > the table, but some salt might be good also here. Cut up some green
> > onion and the "trees". Mix and stuff shells. Put grated cheddar cheese
> > on top. Bake in oven until cheese is melted. It's a whole dinner by
> > itself.

> Dan, doesn't nuking make for a too-tender skin for scooping? Maybe not,
> since you DO it. :-)

Works fine for us. It depends on a number of factors. You need to
leave some flesh in there to hold it together, and sometimes you have a
slip of the spoon and the skin is broken. Sometimes we just go ahead
and use that one anyway. Sometimes I call that a "sacrifice to the
Potato God". Just scoop out all the flesh and that makes more stuffing
for the rest.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA