Posted to alt.food.wine
Jose

Default Starting a wine bar - need advice for restaurant supplies

> The problem is that in the bar/wine
> business the level of breakage runs at around 20% per year, so trying
> to strike a balance between quality and practicality is a problem.

Amortized over the number of glasses of (presumably expensive) wine
you'll be serving and charging for, how much does that really come to?

I know, every little bit adds up, but if you sold the wine for a nickel
more per glass, you'd be ahead, vs. using a cheaper thicker glass that
might turn people off. I know I sometimes choose where to go based on
the wine glasses they use, and I look forward to the experience.

Jose