Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

Default Stuffed Baked Potatoes

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "~patches~" > wrote
>
> > aem wrote:

> >> So you're turning one thing into another. Fine, but I wonder whether
> >> folks who do this ever just leave the thing alone and have a nice baked
> >> potato? Is all this other stuff a now and then thing or the usual
> >> thing? -aem
> >>

> > We make stuffed potatoes on occasion as a meal. We add a little bacon or
> > ham along with chives and whatever strikes our fancy or just top with
> > homemade chili sauce. Then we add a large salad for a filling but light,
> > easy dinner.

> Reminds me that for a time, maybe 15 years ago or so? that
> stuffed potato restaurants were popular. I never went to one, but
> I understand you'd buy a baked potato and stuff it with whatever
> from a salad bar type thing. Not a bad meal, I think.
>
> nancy

Niece Patty used to do a baked potato bar thang on Christmas Eve or
something for her late husband's family. She'd bake a mess of huge
bakers and then provide toppings for individual selection - chili,
broccoli and cheese, taco-type fixings. Sounded like a good plan to me.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.