Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

Default Stuffed Baked Potatoes

In article >,
Bill > wrote:

> On 31 Oct 2005 18:14:35 -0800, "Damsel" >
> wrote:
>
> >Crash had turned away from his monitor a few minutes ago, and a
> >gentleman had asked how to make stuffed potatoes. I'm going to bed,
> >but I still think Bill would appreciate some help here.
> >
> >Thanks!
> >Damsel Spud

> I do appreciate all the responses to my online "chat" question last
> night! Apparently, from the responses I have gotten I need to forget
> about scooping out the potatoes and whirling them in my "diesel
> powered" KitchenAid! Sounds like most of you just mix them with a fork
> or something similar?
>
> Bill

Bill, mashing spuds in a food processor is a bad idea unless you want to
make glue. Somebody will tell you the scientific reason why, I'm sure,
or you can research it yourself. In fact, see what the KA manual might
say about it. Mash with a potato masher or use an electric mixer. (Am
assuming that 'whirling' them meant food processor, not mixer with wire
beaters.)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 10-20-05 with a note from Niece Jo.