Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Default Thanksgiving Dinner

sf wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 22:41:48 GMT, Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
> > Nah, i probly wont get 'jiggy' with it, people seem to get upset

> when i
> > wear my tiara.

> I can't imagine why... you appear to have very good taste and lots of
> klas.

You are very kind, SF, but unfortunately those types of people i could
invite to such an affair tend to be rather conservative and don't take
kindly to men wearing tiaras, they are technically a badge of rank
rather than just a piece of jewellery.

A friend of a friend once got me an invite to a very fancy dinner in San
Francisco, held once a year by the Escoffier club. In my pretentious
desire to be as 'white tie and tails' as i could be i had a silk sash
made up for me to wear under the outer coat but over the white vest,
like you see the Queen of England and her relatives who are knights of
the garter wearing. Running diagonally from the left shoulder to the
right side of the hips. It was a very specific orange colour based on
my only order, the NSM or national service medal that any one who has
been in the U.S. military is awarded just for making it through basic
training. Several people thought i was taking way too great a liberty
and did not hesitate to say so. But this was only after i had explained
to them it did not represent a certain Spanish order they had assumed it
did, and were quite deferential till i explained it represented an
American military order.

Though i could get my Halston ball gown out and invite my more radical
friends but then they would complain about the parasitic ostentation of
unearned wealth ( i inherited the Tiara).

Given my recent back problems i will probly just do a small dinner and
that very casual. Which in some respects is harder for me than
something elaborate, i get caught up in the moment and start elaborating
till it gets out of hand and im spending a week in the kitchen
preparing for one meal.

With any luck at all i will be invited out rather than inviting others
in.
---
JL