Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

Default cupcake liners

On 28 Oct 2005 21:48:52 -0700, " >
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 01:14:34 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
>> wrote:

>> >Well, not as downmarket as a KrispyKream wedding cake.
>> >

>> I actually saw a wedding cake with cupcakes many years ago and it was
>> lovely.
>>
>> It was for a garden wedding down south. The main cake was in the shape
>> of a big brimmed hat, something that echoed the bride & her
>> bridesmaids. There were flowers all over it and trails of "ribbons"
>> off the brim and every 6 or 8 inches on each of these ribbons was a
>> cupcake, made up to look like a small nosegay. I am not sure if the
>> description can make it sound nearly as unusual and charming it was.
>>
>> Boron

>Ribbons, and flowers, attached to each individual cupcake?
>Sometimes, some things, are just too much, "too" IT'S JUST A CAKE,
>PEOPLE!

It was a custom designed wedding cake, something a bit unusual that
many years ago and quite appropriate for an outdoor wedding. The
"ribbons" that led from the main part of the cake (which was in the
shape of a garden party hat, remember) and to the lines of cupcakes
were made of fondant. Those cupcakes were the delight of the children
who attended.

Of course it was "just a cake," but I daresay it was it was charming,
much more personal than a common tiered wedding cake and damn tasty.

Why would something like that be "too much" as opposed to some
multi-tiered white extravaganza wedding cake that would have looked
no different from anyone else's multi-tiered white extravaganza
wedding cake and proven way too formal for an informal wedding set in
a lush and lovely garden.

This was not a Bridezilla indulgence, but a labor of love made by the
bride's mother and two grandmothers, excellent bakers all, as well as
fine decorators.

There is nothing more wonderful than foods that are the result of fine
skill and love and presented to family at a joyous event.

Boron