Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook

Default tasteless apples

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:58:49 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>Okay, I remembered to look when I went shopping at my usual
>supermarket. I was suprised to find Fuji, Gala, Winesap, Rome,
>Grannies, Red and Golden Delicious, as well as Macs. More
>varieties than I would have expected.
>
>I went to a different store, one I would have expected to have
>many more, they had all those except Winesap or Rome, also
>Honey Crisp and Cortlands.

One advantage of living the boondocks is the availability of some
fresh foods. We stopped at the local vegetable stand today and I saw
the apples you listed as well as Red Winesap, Arkansas Black, Virginia
Beauty, Cameo. There were a couple of others that I do not remember
the name of or am having trouble translating. The sign preparer tends
to spell phonetically. BTW, all varieties were 79¢ a pound. Pink
Ladies are due in a week or two.
--
Susan N.