Posted to rec.food.cooking
LittleGreyPoodle

Default fresh tuna

Sheldon wrote:
> LittleGreyPoodle wrote:
>
>>Peter Huebner wrote:
>>
>>>Oh, but we got lucky yesterday. Went into town and found the fish shop
>>>had some fresh tuna.

>>Where in the world do you live that you can enjoy FRESH tuna? I envy you!
>>
>>And lately, I've been having a hard time finding good tuna at any cost.
>>I live in the Phoenix, Arizona (US) area.

> You mean there's no tuna pond in Arizona? <g>
>

> Sheldon

No. But surprisingly, there is a shrimp farm out in the middle of the
desert near Gila Bend. Because it's totally artificial and can be kept
super-clean, it supposedly grows really sweet shrimp (or so they
advertise). I haven't had a chance to try them; they closed the outlet
store here in Phoenix, and I haven't been up for the drive to the farm
itself.