Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Plastic bakeware?

After speaking of the mini muffin tins, I see that our local mega
grocery store chain (Jewel) has a display of bake ware that looks like
plastic (nylon, or?). Very flexible. Muffin pans, flat "cookie
sheets,", bread pans, round bowls for unknown use -- plus sleeves for
pan handles and "grabbers" (look like claws) I guess in place of pot
holders to hold things from the oven.
..
Has anybody used these things? Are they worth it? The muffin trays
and bread pans are so flexible, I would guess you have to set them on
sheet pans to get them in and out of the oven to keep them from
flexing and spilling. They are priced at, mostly, five dollars each.
Is there any advantage in these versus getting basic aluminum pans?
I'm planning for large quantity batch baking.
..
TIA
..
Rev. Jim