Nancy Young

Default tasteless apples

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote

>> I wrote:

>>> Thanks for that great story. I will go to Wegman's ... not only do I
>>> live
>>> about 15 minutes from a new Whole Foods, I live about 15 miles or less
>>> of 2 different Wegman's. I'll make it over there one day this week, not
>>> just for the apples.

>> You've never been to a Wegman's? Yikes!

I did go once, a couple of years ago. Have been meaning to make
it back, just never did make it.

>> Here, when guests come to town, it's considered de rigeur to take them to
>> the flagship store, which is a truly astounding place. The rest of the
>> grocery industry wishes they could emulate Wegman's. It's a mystery why
>> they don't even try.

Yeah, it has to start from the top down, being most of them (all) around
here are chains.

What do you look for at Wegman's? Just curious. I barely bothered
going to the near-empty cans and stuff (grocery) side of the store. I was
pretty much stuck in the prepared foods, cheese, etc. areas.

Yeah, I know, it must seem that I go to supermarkets looking for
prepared foods, really, I don't. They don't have anything I'd get anyway,
so you know I don't. When I say prepared foods, I mean meals to
take home and heat up, or salads, etc, not frozen dinners. Wegman's
had fabulous looking stuff, a lot of it packaged to go. All I got was
a package of potstickers but they had some really yummy (sorry)
looking dinners.

I'm surprised what you said about the prices, I also assumed, hey you
don't go there to get laundry detergent unless you have no other choice.
Unless you're just plain rich. I'll check it out.

And the apples. (laugh)

nancy