TammyM

Default Cheesecake

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:41:33 -0400, (Dora Allan)
wrote:

>I make a wonderful cheesecake with cream cheese, sour cream and eggs,
>this cake needs to be baked for 1 hour then turn off the oven for 1 hour
>then open the door for 1 hour. My problem is it ALWAYS cracks on me, how
>can I avoid this.
>Thanking you in advance
>
>THE ROSE

Many good suggestions have been given. You may also wish to try
cooling the cheesecake by propping the oven door slightly open by
using a wooden spoon rather than opening the door all the way. This
allows slower cooling of the cheesecake.

I've made a lot of cheesecakes in my time. Even with the greatest of
care, sometimes they crack. C'est la guerre. I usually try to make
sure I have appropriate topping ingredients on hand just in case --
that is, if the appearance will be that important. My family and
friends happily scarf up even the most cratered of my cheesecakes :-)
I'm usually the only one unhappy with them. Your friends will love
you AND your cheesecake-making "mistakes".

best of luck to you,
TammyM
tdmcniff at ucdavis dot edu