Dee Randall

Default making fresh pasta, North Itialian style?

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> "Dee Randall" > wrote
>

>> "bugbear" > wrote in

> message

> message

> on the

> wish to be.
>>>
>>> Because I don't know :-(
>>>
>>> The only constant is the texture of my result;
>>> the pasta is dense, and the surface very smooth.
>>>
>>> In the mouth it has a texture I would describe
>>> as "slimy leather".
>>>

>> Funny, this is the apt description of how most restaurant

> home-made
>> raviolis I've tasted in New Haven, CT: smooth surface,

> dense, slimy
>> leather -- but good.
>> Dee Dee

> I make my homemade pasta (and a FUN mess) with semolina flour.
>
> I usually add tumeric to golden up on the color appeal.
>
> Andy

I've noticed in markets now "pasta flour" which is probably 1/2-1/2
semolina. But I can't say for sure. I have some in my freezer, but haven't
tried it yet.

But THANK YOU for the tumeric suggestion. I'm always looking for another
way to use tumeric. It's so good for you. Not only that, I like the funky
taste.
Dee Dee