Sonoran Dude

Default San Diego Carne Asada?

Cyron wrote:
> Hello Friends!
>
> I used to live in San Diego and while there developed a great love
> for the "Carne Asada Burrito". It seemed like there was an endless
> supply of shops selling them for ~$3.50 and they were absolutely
> delicious.
>
> I have since moved to colder parts of the country and when I inquire
> about "Carne Asada Burrito" I'm either met by a blank stare or sold
> some type of $8.00+ burrito that doesn't taste much like I had grown to
> love.
>
> I'm hoping someone can give me a name or a style of the "San Diegan"
> Carne Asadas. I seem to recall they were just burritos packed with
> grilled meat, salsa, guac, etc. Lately I've been getting burritos
> packed with rice and beans?? I mean they're okay but I like the other
> style better.
>
> I'd appreciate any help and if you happen to know a taco shop in
> Minneapolis that sells this style burrito, please give me a shout!
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

How cold is cold? There is usually good Mexican markets in any
commnunity in North America. Many may be hidden inside an Asian market.
Find the area of town that most of the immigrants live and ask around.
There you may find the burrito shop you are looking for or possibly a
carnaceria to buy the marinated meats you will need.