Ed Bechtel

Phil,
My daughter gave me a couple of jars from Acme bakery. She just dropped
in and the fellow at the bakery brought out a 5-gal container from the
refrigerator from which he filled the jars. If you email an address I
will gladly overnight a blop to you in a zip-lok bag. But it is not
nearly as strong a riser as SDI San Francisco. If your SDI has
sourdough taste I'd stick with it. I use the Acme because my SDI lost
its sour taste and odor. I've stuck to using white bread flour with the
Acme and don't imagine it would be strong enough for whole grains.

So, back to your SDI... when you open the bread bag do you smell aromas
of say vinegar or baby breath or wet macaroni, or do you smell rustic
country white?

Ed Bechtel