Curly Sue

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:18:21 +0200, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>"Dee Randall" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Molto Mario uses San Marzano Tomatoes in his recipes. I note that @
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...-food&v=glance
>>
>> they sell for $3.75 a can (marked down to $2.95) - 28 oz can.
>>
>> and at another site
>> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...91059?v=glance
>> there is a The Miracle of San Gennaro - San Marzano Tomatoes from
>> Campania - 28 oz
>> (no price).
>>
>> Has anyone ever tried these tomatoes?
>> Pandora, do you see them for sale where you are?
>> Thanks,
>> Dee Dee

>I've never seen them! It's an unknown brand.Pheraps they sell them in
>Naples.
>Most famous italian brands for pelati a Cirio; De Rica; Del Monte;
>Valfrutta; Divella.
>
>--
>cheers
>Pandora

It's not a brand. It's a type of tomato supposedly grown in the rich
soil around Naples.

Several companies import/sell San Marzano and San Marzano-type tomato.
They can be found in some grocery stores and Italian food stores.

I have tried them, but I don't go out of my way to find them. They
are very good for sauces. Tomatoey, not acidic.

Sue(tm)